PET OVERPOPULATION problems affect people as well as animals.
- the cost to the taxpayers for animal control services
- the spread of disease both among animals and between animals and humans
- the incidents of animal bites
- the damage and destruction to property
- traffic accidents involving straying animals
- abuse of animals which often leads to human violence
- We are asking you, the public, to help reduce the number of stray, unwanted and at times, abused animals by doing the following:
- Make a lifetime commitment to caring for your pets.
- Keep your animal on a leash when off your property (Not everyone likes pets!)
- Contact Animal Control when you see stray or roaming animals.
- Report any violence against animals.