Voter and Election Information
NEXT ELECTION: JUNE 28, 2022
Petitions may begin to be circulated January 13, 2022. You may pick these packets up on January 13, 2022 in the County Clerk & Recorder's Office. You may also download the petition forms from the 2022 Candidate's Guide.
County Board Districts-minimum of 25 signatures
County Offices-minimum of 68 signatures (Republican) or minimum of 36 signatures (Democrat)
Precinct Committeepersons-minimum of 7 signatures
Local Offices up for Election in 2022: All 12 County Board seats in all three districts, Democratic and Republican Precinct Committeepersons, Boone County Sheriff, Boone County Treasurer, Boone County Clerk & Recorder and an unexpired 2-year term Boone County Circuit Clerk.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. You can also check out the State Board of Elections website for more information about running for State Offices @ https://www.elections.il.gov.
County Board Approved New Precinct Maps January 06, 2022
click here to view: 2022 Voter Precincts
April 6, 2021 Consolidated Election Results
February 23, 2021 Primary Election Results
November 3, 2020 General Election Results
To be eligible to register to vote, a person:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen. Naturalized citizens must provide the name of the court where naturalized, state and date of naturalization.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by
- Day; 17 years of age to vote in the General or the Consolidated Primary if individual will be 18 as of the following General or Consolidated Election.
- Must be a resident of the precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day.
- Must not be convicted and in jail.
What is Needed to Register:
Eligible voters who wish to register in person must present two forms of ID at time of registration, one showing their current residence address.
How to Register :
- County Clerk's Office, 1212 Logan Avenue, Belvidere, IL
- Belvidere City Clerk, 401 Whitney Blvd., Belvidere, IL
- Most Area Banks
- Secretary of State Driver's License Facilities (if conducting business with Secretary of State)
- Republican & Democratic Party Representatives
To download the application click here. Fill it out, sign and mail to Boone County Clerk, 1212 Logan Ave, Suite 103, Belvidere, IL 61008
Eligible voters may register online through the State Board of Elections. A valid Illinois Driver's License or State ID is required when registering online. To register online click here.
The law requires Registered Voters to keep their name and address current. You CANNOT VOTE for local candidates or any local propositions if you are not properly registered. You can update your information using any of the ways listed above. Voter registration ends 28 days before an election. Please contact the County Clerk's office at 815-544-3103 if you have any questions.
Not sure if you are registered or where your polling place is located?
For the most current and up to date information you may call the Boone County Clerk's Office at 815-544-3103.
Boone County Voter Equipment-Unisyn Voting Solutions (OpenElect OVO and FreedomVote Tablet)
Letter to Illinois State Board of Elections regarding equipment as mandated by 10 ILCS 5/1-17 of the Illinois Election Code.