COVID-19 Employee Resources
Boone County Government has continued to operate as an Essential Governmental Function as defined under Executive Order 2020-10 and extended by Executive Orders 2020-18 and 2020-32. The County is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees and the community while continuing to deliver essential services to the greatest extent possible for the people and organizations we serve. To all County employees, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we all work together to deal with this unprecedented situation.
The County is committed to providing employees with authoritative information about the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic. This page will be updated with up-to-date resources and guidance.
Remember, if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, or any other illness, for the well-being of your coworkers and the public you must NOT come to work.
(Last Updated July 1, 2020 at 1:00 pm)
Emergency Orders and Closings
- Executive Order 2020-10 (Stay at Home Order)
- Executive Order 2020-18 (Stay at Home Order Extension)
- Executive Order 2020-32 (Stay at Home Order Extension #2)
- Executive Order 2020-38 (Phase 3 Reopening)
- Executive Order 2020-43 (Phase 4 Reopening)
- Boone County Disaster Proclamation (approved March 18, 2020)
Workplace Specific Guidance
- Employees are required to wear face coverings where maintaining a six-foot social distance is not possible at all times.
- Appropriate face coverings are available for employees. Please call or email the Administration Office for more information
- Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19
- Guidance on the Use of Masks by the General Public
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility (CDC)
- NEW: Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Workers with Potential COVID-19 Exposure (CDC)
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (OSHA)
Human Resources Information
- Paid Leave Summary
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave Request Form
- Expanded Family and Medical Leave Request Form
- Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, employees can elect to make mid-year changes to their TASC Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care FSA. In addition, over the counter drugs and medicines are now reimbursable going back to January 1, 2020
Wellness, Stress, and Coping
- You or your loved ones may feel worried, afraid, or lonely. The County's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is entirely confidential and available 24/7 for employees their family members. Call 1-800-854-1446 or go to www.unum.com/lifebalance to utilize the EAP
BCHD COVID-19 Information Line
- Employees are urged to utilize the Boone County Health Department's COVID-19 Information Line for general questions. Call or email the information line at 815-547-8561 or COVID19@boonehealth.org
- CDC COVID-19 Website
- Illinois Department of Public Health COVID-19 Website
- State of Illinois COVID-19 Response
- Boone County Health Department Website
This continues to be a rapidly evolving situation. We will do our best to keep employees informed as to ongoing developments. This webpage is meant to be used for general informational purposes only and cannot address any and all circumstances; nor does it bind the County as circumstances change.