Where to Apply
Both parties must appear in the office between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.Office of the Boone County Clerk
1212 Logan Avenue, Suite 103
Belvidere, IL 61008
The fee for a marriage license is $20.00 cash. Checks and credit/debit cards are not accepted.
To obtain a marriage license, both parties must :
- Present their birth certificate if 21 years of age or younger.
- Be at least 18 years of age, or
- If under 18 and not younger than 16 years of age, must have parents' consent (requires parents to be present to sign).
- If a previous marriage ended in divorce, you will need to bring the divorce papers showing the Judge's signature.
- If previous marriage ending in death, you will need to know the date of death, county, and state in which the death occured.
Photo ID, such as a driver's license, is required for both parties
The State of Illinois does not require a medical examination.
Non-residents CANNOT obtain a marriage license if the said marriage would be void in their state.
Marriage licenses are valid after a one day waiting period and then it is good for 60 days. Persons obtaining license in Boone County must be married in Boone County.